It's hard not to feel there's something wrong when Army of Darkness, the third entry in Sam Raimi's lively Evil Dead series, opens with a 15 certificate. And indeed, this is not quite the non-stop rollercoaster of splat we're entitled to expect. Like Evil Dead II, it opens with a digest-cum-remake of the original movie, taking geeky Ash (Bruce Campbell) back out to that cabin in the woods where he is beset by demons who do away with his girlfriend (blink and you'll miss Bridget Fonda). Blasted back in time to 12th century England, Ash finds himself still battling the Deadites and his own ineptitude in a quest to save the day and get back home. Though it starts zippily, with Campbell's grimly funny clod of a hero commanding the screen, a sort of monotony sets in as magical events pile up. Ash is attacked by Lilliputian versions of himself, one of whom incubates in his stomach and grows out of his shoulder to be his evil twin. After being dismembered and buried, Evil Ash rises from the dead to command a zombie army and at least half the film is a big battle scene in which rotted warriors (nine mouldy extras in masks for every one Harryhausen-style impressive animated skeleton) besiege a cardboard castle. There are lots of action jokes, MAD Magazine-like marginal doodles and a few funny lines, but it lacks the authentic scares of The Evil Dead and the authentic sick comedy of Evil Dead II. On the DVD: Army of Darkness may be the least of the trilogy, but Anchor Bay's super two-disc set is worthy of shelving beside their outstanding editions of the earlier films. Disc 1 contains the 81-minute US theatrical version in widescreen or fullscreen, plus the original "Planet of the Apes" ending, the trailer and a making-of featurette. Disc 2 has the 96-minute director's cut, with extra slapstick and a lively, irreverent commentary track from Raimi, Campbell and co-writer Ivan Raimi, plus yet more deleted scenes and some storyboards. The fact that the film exists in so many versions suggests that none of them satisfied everybody, but fans will want every scrap of Army in this one package. --Kim Newman
Please refer to information provided on individual product pages for delivery and shipping time frames for your region.
When order has dispatched from ebuzz.ie, you will recieve a dispatch notification email. Please refer to Transit times below for expected delivery.
Orders are dispatched via An Post (Ireland's Postal Service) or Courier. If applicable, tracking details will be forwarded to you in your order dispatch notification email.
At Seasonal trading times i.e Black Friday & Christmas, some delays may occur, please allow an extra few days for delivery.
- Express Shipping - Ireland Only (2 Business Days)
- Ireland Standard (2 - 5 days)
- UK Standard (4 - 7 days)
- Rest Of Europe (4 - 7 days)
- Rest of World (5 - 13 days)
Rep of. Ireland - Free Delivery on all orders over €15. For orders under €15 standard delivery charges are from €2.50 - €4.50 depending on size and / or quantity of items ordered.
International Customers - Please refer to the shipping calculator when item(s) are added to cart for shipping rates to your region.
When an item is pre-ordered, it is held until the official release date (release date details can be found on individual product pages). If other items which are not pre-ordered are on the same order, the entire order will be held and dispatched upon release of the pre-ordered item(s).
Refunds & Returns:
ebuzz.ie complies with EU distance selling rules.
If you have changed your mind with your purchased product, you may return the goods to ebuzz.ie within 14 days of receipt.
- Item(s) must be in the same unopened condition that they were received in.
- Customer is responsible for the return postage cost of the goods. It is advisable that if the customer deems the goods of significant value that they use a tracked package option, as ebuzz.ie will not be liable for any non-receipt of goods that cannot be proved with a POD (Proof of Delivery) signature.
- Upon return of the goods, they will be inspected, and approved returns will be refunded for the item cost only (less shipping charges)
- Returned item(s) should be returned in the secure original postage packaging with delivery documents so ebuzz can identify and refund your order promptly.
Return to Address:
ebuzz.ie returns dept.
Unit B7 - B9 Calmount Business Park,
Rep. of Ireland
Faulty / Defective Goods:
For CD,DVD,4K, Blu-Ray & Vinyl
- If the item(s) are faulty or defective in any way, you can contact us within 30 days with the reason and seek a replacement or full refund.
- ebuzz.ie accepts reasonable returns postage charges and will also refund you for these once proof of postage is supplied. In some cases depending on value of the goods, ebuzz.ie may opt to send a courier to collect the faulty / defective item(s).
For Electrical items (Consoles, Laptops, Tablets, Phones and other high value items)
- These items have a 28 day DOA (dead on arrival) returns policy. If unit is faulty within this time period, ebuzz will accept return of the item and verify the fault as provided by the customer. If a genuine fault is found customer will receive option of a replacement or full refund. This applies only to genuine faults. If the item does not have a genuine fault… water damage, misuse or neglect… etc.. then the item will be returned to the customer without a refund.
- If the item is outside this DOA period of 28 days it will be covered under warranty direct with the manufacturer. Please contact the team for details on your specfic brand of product, and they will help you get the issue resolved.
Contact us online - Contact Us
or email us at Customer Care