Although it was only made in 1987, Predator is already the kind of film that has action fans sighing, "They don't make 'em like that any more". Few later films can equal its testosterone-fuelled scenario, its graphic violence or its genuinely unnerving sense of danger. An alien big-game hunter comes to Earth to hunt the meanest, most dangerous creatures on the planet. Naturally, Arnold Schwarzenegger and his astonishingly muscle-bound team of marines are prime targets. The premise has a compelling Zen-like simplicity and the correspondingly minimalist script consists, for the most part, of the statuesque soldiers snarling one-liners at each other ("I ain't got time to bleed", "If it bleeds we can kill it") in between firing unfeasibly large weapons. Director John McTiernan emphasises the claustrophobic confines of the jungle setting, allowing tension to build for the film's first two thirds by keeping the titular hunter concealed from both its prey and the audience. Composer Alan Silvestri's nerve-jangling percussive score racks up the tension yet further. When the creature does show its handiwork the results are horrifically gory, and, thanks to the film's insistently realistic tone, all the more terrifying. By the final act, a memorably mud-caked Arnie must discard all his high-tech weaponry and fight hand-to-hand against creature effects wizard Stan Winston's classic monster; McTiernan's action choreography ensures that the outcome of this hard-fought duel is never a foregone conclusion. On the DVD: Predator at last gets the DVD release it deserves. Its previous incarnations used the bowdlerised TV edit; but this two-disc set restores the full theatrical cut, with skinned corpses aplenty and Carl Weathers' lopped-off arm among other messy delights. Not only that, but the sound options are now ultra-vivid Dolby 5.1 or DTS 5.1, though the anamorphic picture is still grainy in some of the darker scenes. John McTiernan provides a decent director's commentary, but much more fascinating information can be had from a text commentary option. On the generously filled second disc there are seven short behind-the-scenes featurettes (including one dedicated to "Old Painless" the Gatling gun) plus a retrospective documentary, "If It Bleeds We Can Kill It", which includes both old and new interviews with many of the cast and crew. There are also outtakes and a deleted scene, special effects segments, camouflage tests and a text profile of the creature and its weaponry, plus a photo gallery. --Mark Walker
Please refer to information provided on individual product pages for delivery and shipping time frames for your region.
When order has dispatched from ebuzz.ie, you will recieve a dispatch notification email. Please refer to Transit times below for expected delivery.
Orders are dispatched via An Post (Ireland's Postal Service) or Courier. If applicable, tracking details will be forwarded to you in your order dispatch notification email.
At Seasonal trading times i.e Black Friday & Christmas, some delays may occur, please allow an extra few days for delivery.
- Express Shipping - Ireland Only (2 Business Days)
- Ireland Standard (2 - 5 days)
- UK Standard (4 - 7 days)
- Rest Of Europe (4 - 7 days)
- Rest of World (5 - 13 days)
Rep of. Ireland - Free Delivery on all orders over €15. For orders under €15 standard delivery charges are from €2.50 - €4.50 depending on size and / or quantity of items ordered.
International Customers - Please refer to the shipping calculator when item(s) are added to cart for shipping rates to your region.
When an item is pre-ordered, it is held until the official release date (release date details can be found on individual product pages). If other items which are not pre-ordered are on the same order, the entire order will be held and dispatched upon release of the pre-ordered item(s).
Refunds & Returns:
ebuzz.ie complies with EU distance selling rules.
If you have changed your mind with your purchased product, you may return the goods to ebuzz.ie within 14 days of receipt.
- Item(s) must be in the same unopened condition that they were received in.
- Customer is responsible for the return postage cost of the goods. It is advisable that if the customer deems the goods of significant value that they use a tracked package option, as ebuzz.ie will not be liable for any non-receipt of goods that cannot be proved with a POD (Proof of Delivery) signature.
- Upon return of the goods, they will be inspected, and approved returns will be refunded for the item cost only (less shipping charges)
- Returned item(s) should be returned in the secure original postage packaging with delivery documents so ebuzz can identify and refund your order promptly.
Return to Address:
ebuzz.ie returns dept.
Unit B7 - B9 Calmount Business Park,
Rep. of Ireland
Faulty / Defective Goods:
For CD,DVD,4K, Blu-Ray & Vinyl
- If the item(s) are faulty or defective in any way, you can contact us within 30 days with the reason and seek a replacement or full refund.
- ebuzz.ie accepts reasonable returns postage charges and will also refund you for these once proof of postage is supplied. In some cases depending on value of the goods, ebuzz.ie may opt to send a courier to collect the faulty / defective item(s).
For Electrical items (Consoles, Laptops, Tablets, Phones and other high value items)
- These items have a 28 day DOA (dead on arrival) returns policy. If unit is faulty within this time period, ebuzz will accept return of the item and verify the fault as provided by the customer. If a genuine fault is found customer will receive option of a replacement or full refund. This applies only to genuine faults. If the item does not have a genuine fault… water damage, misuse or neglect… etc.. then the item will be returned to the customer without a refund.
- If the item is outside this DOA period of 28 days it will be covered under warranty direct with the manufacturer. Please contact the team for details on your specfic brand of product, and they will help you get the issue resolved.
Contact us online - Contact Us
or email us at Customer Care