If you hadnÔÇÖt heard of Sixto Rodriguez, youÔÇÖre in good company. An American songwriter of Motown lineage, RodriguezÔÇÖ talents never managed to take root in the West. But for a generation of South Africans his quiet anthems became a mouthpiece of opposition to the apartheid regime, as central to the censorship protests as Dylan to the civil rights movement. As his legend grew in the 1970s, the real Rodriguez faded--idling in his career and eventually dying in grotesque circumstances on stage. His rediscovery, the subject of this intensely uplifting documentary, is a rare victory for wishful thinking, lifelong dreaming and hoping against hope. In the late nineties, two journalists hit the road to find out how Rodriguez died and what happened to his legacy. Their leads go nowhere--until a deciphered lyric from RodriguezÔÇÖ feted album Cold Fact clues them into the intricate details of an unfulfilled life. A gentle and painfully exploited soul, Rodriquez retired from music to study philosophy, returning home to tough out the implosion of Detroit as a construction hand, always neatly dressed in an evening suit and a shroud of stardust. As the city was hollowed out by a collapsing motor industry, Rodriguez stayed behind to help: assisting demolitions and eventually running for political office in the 1980s. These details gather into a dazzling surprise, and the last half hour of Searching for Sugarman is a joyous victory parade in which a folk hero is restored to a wounded generation. Shot through with RodriguezÔÇÖ poppy folk--painful city isolation sweetened with dusty sunshine--Searching for Sugarman is both a pulse-raising, one-in-a-million comeback story, and, winning at the 2013 Oscars and propelling Rodriguez to stratospheric stardom, its own happy ending. --Leo Batchelor
Please refer to information provided on individual product pages for delivery and shipping time frames for your region.
When order has dispatched from ebuzz.ie, you will recieve a dispatch notification email. Please refer to Transit times below for expected delivery.
Orders are dispatched via An Post (Ireland's Postal Service) or Courier. If applicable, tracking details will be forwarded to you in your order dispatch notification email.
At Seasonal trading times i.e Black Friday & Christmas, some delays may occur, please allow an extra few days for delivery.
- Express Shipping - Ireland Only (2 Business Days)
- Ireland Standard (2 - 5 days)
- UK Standard (4 - 7 days)
- Rest Of Europe (4 - 7 days)
- Rest of World (5 - 13 days)
Rep of. Ireland - Free Delivery on all orders over €15. For orders under €15 standard delivery charges are from €2.50 - €4.50 depending on size and / or quantity of items ordered.
International Customers - Please refer to the shipping calculator when item(s) are added to cart for shipping rates to your region.
When an item is pre-ordered, it is held until the official release date (release date details can be found on individual product pages). If other items which are not pre-ordered are on the same order, the entire order will be held and dispatched upon release of the pre-ordered item(s).
Refunds & Returns:
ebuzz.ie complies with EU distance selling rules.
If you have changed your mind with your purchased product, you may return the goods to ebuzz.ie within 14 days of receipt.
- Item(s) must be in the same unopened condition that they were received in.
- Customer is responsible for the return postage cost of the goods. It is advisable that if the customer deems the goods of significant value that they use a tracked package option, as ebuzz.ie will not be liable for any non-receipt of goods that cannot be proved with a POD (Proof of Delivery) signature.
- Upon return of the goods, they will be inspected, and approved returns will be refunded for the item cost only (less shipping charges)
- Returned item(s) should be returned in the secure original postage packaging with delivery documents so ebuzz can identify and refund your order promptly.
Return to Address:
ebuzz.ie returns dept.
Unit B7 - B9 Calmount Business Park,
Rep. of Ireland
Faulty / Defective Goods:
For CD,DVD,4K, Blu-Ray & Vinyl
- If the item(s) are faulty or defective in any way, you can contact us within 30 days with the reason and seek a replacement or full refund.
- ebuzz.ie accepts reasonable returns postage charges and will also refund you for these once proof of postage is supplied. In some cases depending on value of the goods, ebuzz.ie may opt to send a courier to collect the faulty / defective item(s).
For Electrical items (Consoles, Laptops, Tablets, Phones and other high value items)
- These items have a 28 day DOA (dead on arrival) returns policy. If unit is faulty within this time period, ebuzz will accept return of the item and verify the fault as provided by the customer. If a genuine fault is found customer will receive option of a replacement or full refund. This applies only to genuine faults. If the item does not have a genuine fault… water damage, misuse or neglect… etc.. then the item will be returned to the customer without a refund.
- If the item is outside this DOA period of 28 days it will be covered under warranty direct with the manufacturer. Please contact the team for details on your specfic brand of product, and they will help you get the issue resolved.
Contact us online - Contact Us
or email us at Customer Care